The Factory is Frequently Asked
Shipping Update: COVID-19 Shipping Delays
Due to unprecedented shipping demands and shutdowns in key Australia Post parcel hubs caused by the ongoing impact of Covid-19, we have amended our standard shipping options. These supercede all advice given in our standard FAQs.
1. Until further notice we will not be offering standard shipping via Parcel Post due to extraordinary delays in delivery. If you have previously shipped using this service please get in touch and we'll do our best to locate. Note that NSW - NSW deliveries are currently taking 10 business days and Australia Post are not investigating status enquiries for packages yet to be delivered that are within this time frame.
2. Due to the prioritisation of Express Post, this is the only national shipping solution we are currently offering in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers. Until further notice, we have discounted this service to $12.50 per shipping address and will incur all shipping costs beyond this amount. Express Post is currently taking around 2-4 days to arrive.
3. For Sydney deliveries we continue to use and recommend our courier service. Whilst 90% of orders are still being delivered next day, due to increased volume and testing requirements for courier drivers, some orders may take two days to arrive. As such, this service has been changed to 1-2 day delivery times.
How will my gift be shipped?
Your gift will be shipped using Australia Post. We offer the option for Standard Shipping and Express Shipping. For Sydney orders we also offer a Next Day Courier Service. Cutoff for this service is 5pm the day prior. This service is not available on weekends. For bulk orders get in touch and we’ll supply you with a quote.
How long will it take to arrive?
We process all orders at 5pm Monday - Friday, then pack and ship the following day. In 'normal times' Standard Shipping takes 3-5 days and Express Shipping delivers next business day to 80% of Australia. However there are currently wide-spread delays across the Australia Post network so when in doubt, choose Express Post which is being prioritised but may take a lot longer than normal to arrive. See Australia Post delivery times here. Similarly, our Next Day service cannot currently guarantee next day delivery due to driver shortages however your parcel will be delivered within 48 hours. Courier packages will arrive between 9am and 5pm and the recipient will be contacted to confirm delivery.
What tracking do you provide?
Once we lodge the shipment, you will receive tracking details directly from Australia Post to the email address supplied. Use this tracking number to track your package and follow up directly with Australia Post if you experience any issues relating to shipping. For courier orders, you will receive tracking details from Go People in your confirmation email and the recipient will receive texts/emails to inform them of the delivery.
Can I select a specific day for my gift to arrive?
If you'd like us to ship your gift out on a specific date, let us know in the notes section during checkout. Note that we cannot guarantee a specific delivery date. For Sydney orders, hold off until the day before and select Next Day Courier at checkout.
Do you offer same day delivery?
At this stage we do not offer same day delivery however for Sydney orders we offer a Next Day Courier Service for orders made by 5pm the day prior. Rates are available at checkout. Note that this service is also experiencing delays and some packages may take up to 48 hours to be delivered.
Do you ship to hospitals?
Yes we do however there is often issues with deliveries so there are some important things to note.
1. It can take several days for the hospital mailroom to process and distribute deliveries. So please only order if your recipient will be there for a while.
2. Please ensure that you include the Room Number and Ward Number to help the hospital locate the recipient.
3. For best (and fastest) results, ship to a friend or relative who can drop off the gift for you.
If your gift has not been received please contact the hospital directly to ask if they can locate, arrange a pick up or forward on (if the recipient has checked out).
Can I make changes to my box?
Sure. Get in touch with us if you’d like to make changes. Alternatively, create your own using the 'Design Your Own' service.
Do you accept corporate orders, bulk orders or offer custom packaging?
We sure do. We can customise the inner sleeve and greeting cards with your own logo and message. We can also design a box based on your individual requirements - all with our Happy Factory signature touch.
Your box themes are a little ‘extra’. Can you remove the box descriptor?
Sometimes our boxes don’t quite meet the occasion they’re being purchased for. No problems. Just email us after you’ve placed your order and we can remove the box descriptor.
My order was not exactly the same as what I selected online.
Every now and then our inventory trackers miscount and we run out of stock. In these rare instances - and so that we don't hold up the delivery - we will replace the item with a similar one of the same or greater value. If there are no similar items in stock we will get in touch to offer alternatives or a refund.
My discount code is not working?
If you are trying to use the FREEBOX code for purchases over $120, please make sure you have the box in your cart. Note that discount codes can not be combined. With with the exception of FREEBOX, discount codes can only be used once per customer. Please get in touch if your discount code is not working.
How are the gift boxes packed?
We start with our iconic Happy Factory box. It’s full of colour and surprises, designed by the talented folks at Another Colour in Sydney who won a Paris Design Award for their designs for Happy Factory. To keep everything safe and sound, we fill the box with recycled office paper shreds. The contents are then packed, along with a box description and covered with a recycled paper sleeve that holds your personalised card in place. It’s a fun unboxing experience packed with colour and surprises that we get consistently great feedback from.
How are the 'Design Your Own' boxes and single gift purchases packed.
All DYO purchases are shipped safe and sound in unbranded boxes, packed with recycled office paper shreds. Alternatively, add our signature Happy Factory packaging to your order to ship your selections in our iconic branded box, colourful inner sleeve, card and recycled packing.
Is your packaging sustainable?
Yep! Not only is all of our packaging made using recycled (and recyclable) materials, we also use eco-friendly inks and manufacture everything right here in Australia using local small businesses. Our shredded paper filler is 100% recycled office paper. If you have some time on your hands, feel free to paste it all back together and uncover some saucy corporate secrets! :)
Have a question that's not covered? Get in touch: email@example.com.